Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Update website on a daily basis
* Post articles
* Manage social media sites
* Post box scores on website
* Write re-caps of games
Requirements for position include:
* Knowledge of HTML format
* webdesign experience
* Writing experience
* Graphic design experience
* Pursuing or completed undergraduate degree
* Good organizational skills
* Good team player with great attitude
* Ability to work in fast-paced environment
* Ability and willingness to work varied and long hours including nights and weekends
The season lasts through June and July, with games played roughly five days a week. All interns will arrive in mid May, a few weeks before the beginning of the season,or as soon as possible (start time is somewhat flexible). The internship ends shortly after the conclusion of the season.
Prospective interns must submit a cover letter and resume to officially apply to the internship program. Applicants should specify in the cover letter the season that they are applying for (Spring, Summer, Fall, or Winter) and the position for which they want to be considered. Submissions should be e-mailed to Tyler Hughes, Assistant General Manager ([email protected]).
* The position is paid. College credit available upon request.
* Housing is arranged with local host families for those who need it
* Attire: khaki shorts and POWER Polo (polo provided by team)
* Hours: Varied (Must be willing to work long hours)
* All interns will be required to stay for the duration of the league if hired
* You will make great baseball contacts, while working closely with ex-major leaguers and other baseball contacts
* If you know of anyone who may be interested in doing the internship with our professional instructional winter league, The California Winter League, please have them contact our office as well.
* For any inquiries regarding the position, email Tyler Hughes or call our offices at (760) 778 – HITS (4487)
The Palm Springs POWER Baseball Club recruits elite collegiate players from around the country to come to Palm Springs and play baseball in the months of June and July. The POWER organization strives to provide affordable entertainment as well as quality baseball for the residents of the Coachella Valley.